Laser eye surgery, also known as refractive surgery, is a procedure performed to correct refractive vision problems like short-sightedness (myopia), long-sightedness (hyperopia) and astigmatism. Modern lasers, including our Zeiss laser platform, can also compensate for reading glasses improving both near and distance vision without the need for glasses.
In myopia or short-sightedness, objects in the distance cannot be seen clearly. In hyperopia or long-sightedness, close up vision is predominantly affected, whilst distance vision can also be affected. In astigmatism, both near and distance vision are compromised.
Laser eye surgery has a very high success and patient satisfaction rate, with about 98% of patients satisfied with the result of their surgery. LASIK is one of the most common elective surgical procedures performed worldwide, with more than 100000 procedures performed annually in the UK. As laser eye surgery is minimally invasive and performed on the outside layer of the eye called the cornea, the risk of serious or irreversible loss of vision is extremely small.
The most common types of laser eye surgery are LASIK, PRESBYOND LASIK, ASA and SMILE.Book a free no obligation screening visit now!
How much does LASIK cost?
LASIK (Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis) is the most common and well-known type of laser eye surgery. It involves creating a thin flap in the cornea, using a femtosecond laser. The corneal tissue underneath, the stroma of the cornea, is then reshaped using an excimer laser, correcting short-sightedness, long-sightedness, and astigmatism. The flap is placed back in position and allowed to heal naturally.
The cost of LASIK is £1925 per eye.
How much does PRESBYOND LASIK cost?
PRESBYOND LASIK is a variant of LASIK. It is designed to address presbyopia, a common age-related condition where the eye’s ability to focus on close objects diminishes. Unlike traditional LASIK, PRESBYOND Laser Blended Vision aims to correct both distance vision and near vision in individuals experiencing presbyopia.
The cost of PRESBYOND LASIK is £2495 per eye.
How much does ASA laser eye surgery cost?
ASA (Advanced Surface Ablation): ASA, also known as PRK, predates LASIK and involves removing the epithelium, the thin outermost layer of the cornea entirely, rather than creating a flap. The underlying stroma is then reshaped using an excimer laser, similar to LASIK. The epithelium regenerates naturally after the surgery over 3-4 days.
The cost of Advanced Surface Ablation is £1925 per eye.
How much does ReLEx SMILE cost?
SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction): This procedure is relatively newer than LASIK and has been in use for over 15 years. It involves creating a small, lens-shaped piece of tissue within the cornea, called the lenticule, using a femtosecond laser. The lenticule is then removed through a small incision, reshaping the cornea to correct short-sightedness, astigmatism and therefore your vision.
The cost of ReLEx SMILE is £2350 per eye.Book a free no obligation screening visit now!
What does the cost include?
Our prices are transparent and all inclusive with no hidden extras. They include all the following:
- Initial consultation with Consultant Eye Surgeon Aris Konstantopoulos and optometrist.
- All diagnostic imaging tests required for your laser treatment.
- The actual laser eye surgery procedure.
- The use of a private room at the Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital on the day of your procedure.
- The medication required during and after the procedure.
- Any enhancement surgery, including the cost of enhancement medications, that may required within the first year.
Are there finance options available?
Laser surgery is carried out at the Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital. An interest free credit option is available; Nuffield Health can facilitate a personal medical loan through a third party with 0% interest for 12 months. Longer term payment options are also available. More information can be found on this page of the Nuffield Health website.
Why have surgery with Nuffield Health and Aris Konstantopoulos?
- Consultant personalised and personal care throughout your treatment, from initial consultation through to surgery and post-operative review.
- Aris will guide you through the broadest range of laser and non-laser procedures to identify what is most suitable for your eyes and requirements.
- Use of the latest laser platform from Zeiss that provides the broadest range of options (LASIK, ASA, PRESBYOND LASIK, ReLEx SMILE) to correct both distance and near vision refractive problems.
- Care within the safety of a traditional private hospital – the Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital.
- The peace of mind provided by the Nuffield Health Promise.
- Availability of 0% finance options.
Which type of laser eye surgery is better for you?
Before undergoing any procedure, Aris will examine your eyes in order to assess your suitability and which type of laser eye surgery is best for you. In addition to your eye health, Aris will also take into consideration other factors, like your age, your lifestyle, overall health and the desired outcome, so that he can provide you with the most suitable option.
To find out if laser eye surgery is a good option for you, just book a consultation or a free no obligation screening visit by completing the form on our contact page or calling 02381 812281.